How To Become A Featured Artist In Spoken Soul Festival
Spoken Soul Festival prides itself on working very hard in support of women artists. Selected featured artist are expected to commit time and energy to represent themselves and the mission of the festival professionally and with integrity.
The official call to artist goes out in December with a late January deadline.
Exact dates TBA
If you would like more information please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Please write SUBMISSION in the subject line.
Who Can Apply?
All women visual & performance artists
What must be submitted?
- Contact information: name, phone number and email
- 2 pictures (no larger than 300 dpi) of artist’s work
- A short professional biography (no longer than 500 words)
- Artist website / blog
- All of artist’s social media
- Performance artist (poets, musicians and singers included) MUST submit a link to a performance video
- DJ must submit a mix no longer than 20 minutes. All genres are welcome
Email completed, scanned form along with required attachments, to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
Important Details To Consider Before Applying
Date: April 1 – April 3, 2016
Vendor’s Fee: None
Commission Payment: None.
The artist keeps 100% of profits from works sold during the festival or because of the festival’s promotional campaign
Venue: Little Haiti Cultural Complex
Artist MUST Attend:
- An orientation meeting and or a Google chat session, which will take place at the beginning of February 2016. Exact date and location TBA. Selected artist that live outside the Miami area can skype in or call in.
- All 3 events: SWAN Community Program, SWAN Spoken Soul Showcase and Vanessa Baez Memorial Women’s Brunch
- Venue tour which will take place the first week of March 2016. Exact date TBA.
- Any press interviews and/or picture opportunity set up by the marketing team
Featured artists outside of South Florida area are responsible for their travel, lodging and shipping costs (if applicable).
Featured artists are responsible for the cost and production of their showing / performance.
Featured artists must provide twenty-five (25) promotional items for SSF VIP – Media gift bags (free of charge to SSF)
Featured artists must provide one (1) donated service or product for our yearlong donation and auction campaign (free of charge to SSF)
Featured artists are required to provide feature video that is no longer than three (3) minutes that best displays, promotes and showcases their talent.
Featured artists are required to provide a blog entry (slide show, video or written) for SWAN Community Program about the year’s community service theme.
Please only serious artist apply.