Our partner P.A.T.H are offering scholarship to a young person (13 – 18) to participate in the PATH Hip Hop Summer Academy.
Scholarship value = $1,500
APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP: The PATH Hip Hop Summer Academy is an arts leadership experience that trains the next generation of Hip Hop artists, leaders, scholars and entrepreneurs. Teens (ages 13-19) work with industry professionals to learn:
– DJ & Music Production
– MC / Rap / Spoken Word
– Bboy/Bgirl (foundation Hip Hop dance)
– Urban Art aka Graffiti
– To create a personal portfolio
WHAT THEY NEED TO KNOW….
Program dates: July 10 – August 11, 2017
Times: 9:30 am – 4 pm (weekdays only, except special events)
Location: MDC Live Arts Lab, 300 NE 2nd Ave. Bldg #1, Miami, FL 33132
THEY CAN APPLY IF THEY…..
– Are 13 – 19 years old
– Have a strong interest in Hip Hop culture, leadership and community service
– Are able to attend all 5 weeks of the program
– Are committed to grow as a leader in one of PATH’s programs (PATH Jr. Fellows, PATH Internship Program, PATH Hip Hop Academy)
WHAT THEY GET….
– Small group instruction in DJing, MCing, Bboy/Bgirl + Urban Art with a professional working artist
– New friends and family for a lifetime
– Leadership skills through individual and team challenges
– Summer enrichment on a college campus
– Exploration of careers of all kinds through master classes with industry professionals
– Qualify for college scholarships and college readiness support
ADA Requests: To request materials in accessible format, sign language interpreters and/or any accommodation to participate in PATH Programs, please contact Natalie Lewis Schere at 786-837-1583 or email@example.com at least 5 days in advance to initiate your request.
The PATH Hip Hop Summer Academy is presented by PATH: Preserving, Archiving & Teaching Hiphop, Inc. & MDC Live Arts.
“Miami’s most eclectic performing arts series” – MDC Live Arts is Miami’s most eclectic performing arts series—celebrating 25 years this season! Created in 1990 as Cultura del Lobo, MDC Live Arts has an illustrious history of bringing extraordinary national and international performing artists to Miami. The annual series presents today’s most exciting artists and designs meaningful engagement between these artists, the students of MDC, and the greater community. MDC Live Arts seeks artists from across the globe who push boundaries and honor traditions relevant to Miami’s diverse community, and aims to offer audiences opportunities to discover new ideas, perspectives and forms of expression.
The PATH Hip Hop Summer Academy is made possible with the support of the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs and the Cultural Affairs Council, the Miami-Dade County Mayor and Board of County Commissioners and is funded in part by The Children’s Trust. The Children’s Trust is a dedicated source of revenue established by voter referendum to improve the lives of children and families in Miami-Dade County by making strategic investments in their future.